Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer 2010

Wow! It's nearly the middle of August already...where did my summer go?

Well, it started out with a lot of playing with my mini-BFF a lot!

Miles playing "drive drive" in my car

Mmmm...Smashers from Wallaby's...

Sleepy boy just woke up

Miles thinks ketchup is a food of the gods...

And it tastes even better if you're sitting where you shouldn't be!

Monkey boy. He's watching Finding Nemo on a little TV.

Then I was taking a floral design class through BYU for spring term and made a lot of cool arrangements, which I got to take home.

Wrapped Bouquet


Cube Design

Spring Design

Bridal Bouquet

Bouttonieres

Everlasting Design (a.k.a. fake flowers)

Random flowers thrown together

After applying for 20-30 jobs, I finally found one - I was hired to be an EMT at Raging Waters Utah. I ran the First Aid station and responded to emergencies in the park, like I did at Seven Peaks last year. Raging Waters paid me more PLUS I had to do even less work there! No audits, no in-services, etc!


At the end of spring term...I went home to Livermore for a week! While I was there, my parents and I went to the Rodeo Parade, San Francisco, etc. Lots of fun, and it was great to get out of Utah for a little while!

We went to the de Young Museum, where they have a lot of the masterpieces from the Musee d'Orsay in Paris right now while the Paris museum is undergoing renovations. Me, playing outside before going in.


The Golden Gate Bridge, on a remarkably clear, warm day in San Francisco


When I got back to Utah, I started a second new job - working as a Psych Tech at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. Let me tell you, they've been keeping me busy! (This week alone, I've worked Saturday, Sunday, Monday, then had Tuesday off, and am working Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, have Saturday off, then Sunday.) I've turned into a creature of the night and love working the night shifts (7pm-7:30am).

The hospital

Me, at about 4 in the morning, when a friend stole my camera

Then July came around, and we celebrated my birthday when my parents were out here, so Laura, Dan, Nolan, Miles, Aly, Avery, Zane, Cole, Tate, Mom, Dad, and I all went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants - Tucanos!


The family
(minus Leslie, Pieter, Jonathan, Shalyn, Scott, Alyson, Fletcher, Conner, Alyse, and Blake)

I said goodbye to my trusty steed, my 1991 Honda Accord...

1991 Honda Accord EX


...and replaced it with a 2003 Toyota Camry, also known as the big comfy couch! My commutes to SLC are much more comfortable now.

2003 Toyota Camry SE


One of Aly's friends had a "toe party", so Aly, Shalyn, Laura, my mom, and I got our toes done (this is taken about 4 weeks after, so they don't look as good as they did).

Yes, I know my toes are ugly, and no, that's not dirt on my feet, they are light tan lines from working at the water park...

I quit working at Raging Waters at the end of July after the way I was treated by the owner of the park, so I had a little more time to play with my mini-BFF!

Helping water the plants, one of Miles' favorite things to do outside

Speedo Sammy!

At Wendy's...he didn't really like the glasses...

Nolan on the slip-n-slide

I've now started moving out of the apartment I've lived in for 2 years because my contract is up. I'm moving to a place that is literally across the street from campus and has cheaper rent, wahooo!

Most of my textbooks...they pretty much filled up my trunk all by themselves...

And finally...I've been waiting for a long time to order one of these...and it arrived in the mail yesterday! A brand-new, high quality stethoscope to use in nursing school! It's a 3M Littmann Cardiology III, if any of you care, haha.

The box

The stethoscope

The engraving

Well, that's about it for now. I can't believe it's about time for school to start again, but I'm excited!

(There, Laura...happy now? Blog updated.)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice surprise, Aim!!!!! Love reading about your summer!!