I went home last weekend! It was so nice just getting away for a while. I flew home Thursday night, and Sean picked me up from the airport. We drove across town (in Oakland! On the freeway, though) to Fentons, and then realized that it had closed 15 minutes prior to our arrival. Sad story. So we went to a 7-11 and got slurpees. Sean was laughing at me because there were too AMR (American Medical Response) ambulances parked outside it and I was spazzing out. I kind of have an obsession with ambulances. :)
We drove back to Pleasanton then, and went to Sean's house. I said hi to his family, hung out for a little while, and then drove Sean's car home so he wouldn't have to pick me up the next morning, as my car is in Utah!
Next day was Halloween and also Sean's stepdad's birthday. We had to go shopping for his birthday present, and we also went out to dinner (Outback). By the time we were done eating, both Sean and I were in a food coma and too full to go to Great America (amusement park) like we were planning that night (the park was open from 7pm-midnight), so we decided we would just go on Saturday. We went back to Sean's house and passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters, which was fun. I got to wear my Renaissance princess dress and Sean dressed up as a Jedi Knight. He had a way awesome costume! Oh, and we also got to go on a late-night adventure to the store because I didn't have any contact lens solution! So we went to Safeway and I got the stuff I needed, plus a movie - GATTACA. He bought a bag of Warheads that had 175 Warheads in it. Then we proceeded to act like little kids and eat some. The first ones weren't bad, but the second ones both got to us! I had my second one first, so he just laughed and laughed and laughed as I was dying from the sourness. Oh, but then I got to laugh at him as his second one nearly killed him. It was sweet, sweet revenge. I love it.
Saturday, I woke up, and it was RAINING! Dang it! Anyways, Sean had to work for a little bit this morning in Danville, so we drove up there together, and while he was working, I took his car up to Walnut Creek to the Kaiser hospital to get a flu shot after failing at getting one on Friday (long story). Sean's mom is a nurse up at the hospital there, so she was able to hook me up with one, which was so nice of her. Sean's family is wonderful! It was absolutely POURING when I was driving home, and Sean has this tiny little 2-seater car (a 1994 Civic del Sol), so it's not heavy at all, and we all know that I'm not very heavy. I hydroplaned like, four or five times, and everytime it was sooooooo scary. I was almost crying, I was so scared. So I called Sean and said, "Sean! We are NOT going to Great America! I would rather lose the money I already spent on tickets than DIE on our way down there." He agreed, and then we went and got new tires for his car because his were wearing out. Of course, while he was driving, he didn't have any problems with hydroplaning. It was just me. Luckily, though, he listened to me and fixed one of the problems as soon as he could. We had lunch while we were waiting for his car to get worked on at this place called Athens Burgers. It was so good! We had gyros and fried zucchini. Mmmmm...it was delicious, but so much food. Then we walked over to the Dublin Library and read a children's book and part of a comic book while we were waiting. I was exhausted, so he kept reading the comic books while I put my head down and took a little nap. Hmmm. What else did we do on Saturday? I can't remember.
On to Sunday! I got to sleep in an extra hour because of the time change! It was wonderful! I woke up on my own, without an alarm, at the time that I would have gotten up if I were going to my family's ward, so I decided to go with them. I went to Sacrament meeting with my parents, saw a bunch of old friends, and headed over to Sean's before the Tri-Valley Ward started. He wasn't even out of bed yet! Lazy bum. Anyways, we went to church, and because it was Fast Sunday, there was Break-the-Fast afterwards, and because it is November, it was a complete Thanksgiving dinner! It was amazing. And, just like a true Thanksgiving dinner, there were tons of desserts! So yummy. We also went to my house and had the leftovers from my mom and dad's dinner (steak wrapped in bacon!) and had a birthday party for MY dad, whose birthday was the Wednesday before. We had Maple Nut Cake, and it was gooooood. I went BACK over to Sean's and hung out with his family for a little while (and one of his sisters was in town with her baby), and I finally decided to go home because my flight was supposed to leave Oakland at 6:45 the next morning. Ew. Well, it was 1:45 before I got home, and then I had to pack all my stuff before I went to bed.
So I went to bed at 2:30, and set my alarm for 4:00 so I would have time to shower in the morning. My alarm went off, and I said to myself, "just a second longer..." and next thing I knew, it was 4:45 and Sean was calling me saying he would be there in ten minutes to take me to the airport. Alas, no shower that morning. So he drove me to the airport (what a sweet guy - he is NOT a morning person, but he did it for me), and I got to the airport with plenty of time to kill - I think I was at the gate an hour before my flight was supposed to leave. Anyways, I fell asleep as soon as we reached our cruising altitude, and then woke up less than a minute before we landed. It was beautiful. I was able to find my car with no problems, and then I drove back to Provo, where I took a shower once I got to my apartment. I went to class (and basically slept through both of them, so I shouldn't have even bothered going because I was so tired), and then came home and slept for a LONG time. And then slept a LONG time that night too. It was wonderful.
On Tuesday night, I got to go to the MTC for the Tuesday night devotional they have every week, and Sister Julie B. Beck was the speaker! She's the General Relief Society President (head of the church's women's organization), and she and her husband's messages were wonderful.
Nothing too exciting happened the rest of this week, besides getting to register for classes. I officially have the WORST schedule known to man. Except that I don't have class on Mondays.
Anyways, I need to go get ready for church, so I'll just say one more thing - BYU's football team won yesterday! We played San Diego State University and won 41-12, which wasn't all that surprising, but a win is still a win! Yay!
Have a good week, everyone!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Last Weekend
Posted by A at 10:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment