Saturday, November 1, 2008

YIPPEE!!!

This post was written on 10/30. I didn't have an internet connection at the time.

I am on top of the world right now! I have the best news!

I GOT INTO THE BYU NURSING PROGRAM!!!

I found out this afternoon via email...I wasn't expecting to find out until tomorrow! I really didn't think I was going to get in, especially after not getting accepted to the program last time I applied. I read the email as soon as I got it (I have this program that pops up when I get a new email and it includes a snippet of the text of the email, so I was reading it with bated breath when I opened it), and I let out a full-on little girl scream. Sheri heard me from her room, so I told her the fantastic news. I had to call my family right away and let them know, so I called Laura's house because Mom and Dad are visiting right now and staying with them, and had everyone get on speakerphone together. Well, darn it, they guessed what I was calling about before I could tell them! They were all so excited for me, and then Dad said something to the effect of, "You must be living right." I was so proud at that moment. Then I immediately got off the phone with them and called Aly and Leslie to tell them. I actually didn't call Sean because, guess what! I'm on an airplane right now flying to California to see him! I wanted to tell him in person! Anyways, so I am just floating on air right now (Southwest Airlines should give me a discount for making the plane easier to fly!) Anyways, I was so excited that I called one of my friends who was accepted to the program for this fall. I told her that I got in and that I was also going home to see Sean, and she said that I was having the most absolutely perfect day. So then once I got on the plane I called Sean and was telling him what Stephanie told me. He was all confused (remember, I hadn't told him that I had been accepted yet), and then he just flat out asked me if I had gotten in. I couldn't deny it or even hide my excitement. About ten seconds later, unfortunately, the flight attendants came on the intercom and told us to put our phones away, so I wasn't able to keep talking to him. But from what I heard, he's so excited for me and proud of me. He said that he'll never comment on how much time I spend doing BYU EMS (because believe me, he's commented on it before). Uh! I'm just so excited that I can't stand it! It feels like I'm just living in a dream right now. I actually did pinch myself to see if I was dreaming, but I'M NOT!!! It makes all of the tears, anguish, and stress that I've experienced since beginning to apply to the program the first time just kind of melt away and make them all so worth it. I have so much more appreciation for my acceptance than I would have had if I had gotten in my first try. I am so grateful for this second chance that I've been given. I know that this is what I need to be doing. My dreams of becoming a flight nurse are finally taking flight! (haha, pun intended...) Life is good.

Like I said earlier, I am headed home to hang out with Sean for the weekend! Tonight after my flight lands, he and I are going to Fenton's to get some ice cream, and tomorrow night (Halloween), we're going to Great America! We had bought tickets this summer to go, but the day we tried to go, the park was closed, so we had tickets that we needed to use up before the season is over (which is this Sunday). I'm not sure what else we'll be doing while I'm home, but I suspect that it will include a trip to San Francisco for dinner. Other than that, though, Sean's going to surprise me! Good thing I trust him, right? I'll be at home until ridiculously early Monday morning so I can get back to school and homework. You know, that "real world" stuff.

**Sorry if this post seems so disjointed, but I'm spazzing out about getting into the nursing program still...and I likely will be for a while yet to come!**

Let's see. So I know that I'm horrible at blogging frequently (both Aly and Laura have been bugging me to update it more often), and it's not because nothing is worth blogging about! So many good things have been happening this semester!

-I got a 96% on a Statistics test! I was sooooooo excited about that because, as you probably know, math is NOT my strong suit, and I've always had Dad around to help me with math. Well, he's 800 miles away and has never taken a Stats class, so he hasn't been able to help me.

-I got my hair cut at the Paul Mitchell Beauty School and I love it! It's just about shoulder-length now and one layer (except for where I'm growing out my bangs). It's super easy to take care of!

-Leslie is going to move into my apartment when we come back after Christmas break! I have a good feeling about it. I hope we'll be able to get along, and I think things will work out. Living apart this semester (farther than 30 yards away, unlike last year) has proven to be a little bit of a challenge sometimes. I miss her!

-Laura gave birth to her third son on October 9th. Miles Samuel belnap entered the world at 7:45pm, weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and 19.5 inches long. I got to visit Laura and him in the hospital before he was even a full day old! He was so tiny and adorable. Scratch that. He still IS tiny and adorable!

-Well, this one won't sound like a good thing at first, but bear with me for a second. Three weeks ago tomorrow I was running while on duty for EMS and was responding to a call. I was trying to run around a corner and was wearing slippery shoes on a marble floor. Bad idea, let me tell you. I slipped and fell, landing right on my left hand. The good news here is that it is NOT broken! After two trips to visit a doctor and two sets of x-rays, it was diagnosed as a "deep bone bruise," whatever that means. I didn't know that ones themselves could get bruised! It sill hurts when I'm doing things with that hand and it hurts to bear weight on it, so I've been wearing a splint everyday, but at least it's not broken!

-Sean got his mission call! He has been called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for two years in the Texas Houston Mission! He reports to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) on January 7th, and he will be serving in Spanish! He doesn't know any Spanish as of right now, but he'll learn!

(Have I mentioned yet how happy and excited I am to have gotten into the nursting program and to be going home right now???)

Sorry, told you I'm spazzing out about it. But that's to be expected, right? Most of you would probably be worried if I wasn't, I think!

YAY! Only 50 more minutes until we land in Oakland! So only like an hour until I get ot see Sean!

Funny story. The person I am sitting next to is from my home ward! How crazy is that? He came to Utah just for the day to drop his stepson off. What a small world! It's a beautiful thing.

Anyways, this post is long enough for now. I'm just so thankful for all of my wonderful, wonderful blessings. like I said earlier, I know that LIFE IS GOOD.

2 comments:

Aly said...

um yeah, that was completely spazzy!!! Congratulations again!!!

squidlover said...

Nice post! Glad to know that you remember how to blog. I like random, disjointed posts!