Sorry about the lack of new blogs. But there are 3 posted tonight, which I think is a personal record for me!
So, we had a funny call last night. I'm sitting in my anatomy lecture, and the tones went off, so I ran out of class and started running to the building on campus that it was in. The other 2 EMTs who were on beat me by only about 30 seconds, which is amazing based on where I was in relation to the location of the call and them. We find our patient in the men's bathroom, slumped at a urinal, being held up by a young guy and peeing. He finishes his business (apparently with help, I'm not sure exactly - I was kind of hanging back, since it was, after all, the men's restroom). We evaluated him to see if he had had a stroke (he had one back in February, we were told), and he didn't appear to have had one. He did smell like he had been drinking some, and he told us that he had had "2 pints of beer," no idea how accurate that was. His vitals were all a little high (BP, pulse, blood sugar levels), but his respirations were a little on the slow side. Anyways, at one point, the police officer who was with us asked the man if he thought that he was acting like this because of his drinking, and the man replied, "I do believe so, sir." It was hysterical. I just wanted to start laughing right then and there, but I restrained myself until after we were back in the office. Anyways, I think the police officers felt bad for the man, so they didn't arrest him, but drove him home instead and told him to stay there.
It was probably the funniest quote I have ever gotten from a patient before. :)
Oh, so when Sam was telling about me when I was getting the award in front of the class, I found out that in the last 2 semesters I have had 62 patients, 112 shifts, and over 400 hours of service. I was even a little surprised by those numbers! I get a call on about 55% of my shifts, which is a pretty good statistic for our agency.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Lack of blogging...FAIL
Posted by A at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment