Work:
I love my job right now. I've been learning about the nuclear fuel cycle, and it's FASCINATING. Not fascinating enough that I would want to make a living out of studying, but enough that I'm really enjoying learning about it. Also, the person who made my job insufferable earlier this summer has left (her 10 week internship was over), so I'm much happier and under a lot less stress.
Sickness:
I was running a temperature for more than a week, so I went to the doctor. I was pretty sure that I had mono because I also had swollen glands in my neck and this pesty fever, and my doctor was pretty sure that I had bronchitis because I was coughing. So she prescribed me an antibiotic, but I asked her if I could have the test for mono (a blood test). She consented and I had it done. Lo and behold, the next morning, I got the test results AND...drumroll please...I have mono! Well, that made me feel pretty special because I was smarter than my doctor. Now I'm working kind of a screwy schedule at work (8am-6pm, but I take a 2 hour lunch so I can take a nap in the middle of the day). Also, the antibiotic she gave me made me throw up every three hours until it had been 24 hours since I had taken it and it was time for a new dose (which I didn't take). ;-)
School:
BYU starts again soon (less than a month!), so I'll be going back to the Bubble again soon. I like school - I really do, but I'm half-dreading going back because I've enjoyed being with Sean and my family since I've been home. Everyone's been trying to tell me that it looks like I'm trying to commit suicide with my current class schedule, but I've been convinced that I'll be fine. Since I've got mono, though, I'm believing them more, and now I'm back to changing my schedule again, for like, the ten billionth time. Oh well.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Work, Sickness, and School
Posted by A at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment