"Goodbye's the saddest word I'll ever hear
Goodbye's the last time I will hold you near
Someday you'll say that word and I will cry
It'll break my heart to hear you say goodbye."
Goodbye's the last time I will hold you near
Someday you'll say that word and I will cry
It'll break my heart to hear you say goodbye."
I had to say goodbye to Sean on Saturday. It was one of the hardest things, if not THE hardest thing I have ever had to do. Sean and I have dated for a year, and I have come to love him more than I ever thought I could, so it was really hard to say goodbye. He is leaving on a mission for church - he'll be a missionary serving in Houston, Texas, speaking Spanish, and will be gone for the next two years. As I've told him, the Lord is the only one I am willing share him with for that long. We stayed outside in his car talking (and crying, for me at least) for a while, and then he came inside to say goodbye to my family. When we were inside I gave him one last present - I played on the piano and sang "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" for him, which is one of his favorite songs. I had the hardest time singing it because I was crying. After I finished, I said to Sean, "Sorry, it was really hard to sing and not cry," to which he said, "It was really hard to listen and not cry." He loved it. My parents, who were in the kitchen (and not supposed to be listening!) said that it was beautiful and a wonderful present for Sean. Sean and I went outside again because he had to go to San Mateo, and we hugged for a long time, neither one of us wanting to let go of each other. When he finally drove off, I went inside and found my mom and dad waiting for me just inside the door with open arms to comfort me. Next time I see Sean, the only physical contact I can have with him is a brief handshake, as he is now a missionary. I'm going to dinner with him, Linda, Joe, and one of his sisters and her baby boy when they get to Provo to take him to the Missionary Training Center, where he'll be for nine weeks, learning the Spanish language and learning how to teach the gospel to the people of Houston.
I love him more than I can say and will miss him so much. Good luck on your mission, Sean. You will be a wonderful missionary and servant of the Lord. Godspeed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment