1. I've never written a note on Facebook before.
2. I've never taken one of those "let's have everyone jump at once!" pictures.
3. I'm an EMT and volunteer for BYU EMS. And I love it just a little too much. People tell me I'm a sick person. I would say that I'm a workaholic when it comes to EMS. Except I don't get paid, so maybe I'm a volunteeraholic?
4. I highlighted my hair ONCE in eighth grade. It didn't turn out very well (it was one of those do-it-yourself kits), so I don't plan on ever highlighting it again.
5. I'm in nursing school right now at BYU. And I'm starting to go crazy with all of my classes this semester that I have to take for it!
6. I want to be an emergency flight nurse and fly in helicopters.
7. I saw the Star Wars movies for the FIRST time this last summer. And the LOTR movies came out in 2001, 2002, and 2003, and I didn't see ANY of them until August 2007.
8. The first boy I kissed was in kindergarten. Does that even count? It was behind the bookcases in our classroom when we were supposed to be outside playing on the playground. Nothing more than a peck, though! If that doesn't count, then Sean was the first boy I kissed.
9. I hated Provo all throughout my freshman year. I didn't want to come back, but I knew that I needed to be at BYU, so I didn't really have a choice. Now I love it! (But I don't plan on ever living here permanently).
10. I started asking for a cat when I was five. My parents finally gave in when I was 14. Then I went off to college 4 years later and they still have my cat. We had a cat living in our apartment last semester. His name was Zoram, and he was a little runt. Super cute, though! He was totally a devil. I think he was possessed. Now he lives in Arizona with one of my roommates who moved out after fall semester.
11. Pink is my favorite color. If it's pink, I'll probably like it, unless it's a car. I'm not a fan of pink cars (guess I'll never be a Mary Kay dealer then, right?)
12. I've only ever had one boyfriend. Sean. I dated him for a little more than a year, and he left almost a month ago to go on a mission to Houston, Texas, where he'll be for the next two years.
13. I'm thinking of learning Spanish, or at least SOME Spanish. Sean's learning Spanish at the Missionary Training Center right now, and I want to be able to talk to him that way. AND, knowing Spanish is almost a necessity if you want to be a nurse in California. Or anywhere, basically.
14. Because I took 5 years of French in high school, my parents took me to France during spring break of my senior year.
15. Monterey is one of my favorite cities. Sean and I went on several dates there.
16. 16's been my favorite number since I was 9. It was my number in class because when everyone was listed in alphabetical order by last name. And I was #16 when I was ten, too. And I was in room 16. It's Sean's favorite number too!
17. Sean and I have a ridiculous amount of things in common.
18. Apparently I'm a pretty good cook, but cooking stresses me out, so I don't like doing it.
19. I hate hate hate doing laundry. So much that I let it pile up until I have like, no more clean clothes, and I'm forced to do it.
20. Sean asked both Leslie and me on a date at the SAME time to the SAME place. That's when we started realizing how many weird little things we have in common (see #17).
21. I'm working on a project of transcribing all of my Grandpa Madsen's journals. It's going to take a long time - there's a lot of them!
22. I try and act like I'm doing really well with Sean being gone, even if I'm not. I don't like people seeing me as vulnerable. Most of the time I am doing okay. But sometimes it's just too hard. But letters and tapes from him are the BEST!
23. I've ridden my bike from Livermore to Yosemite TWICE. Yes, it was long. Yes, it was hard. Yes, it was 170 miles. But I love my bike. It's a Specialized Allez. Oh yeah, baby. We've gone through a lot together.
24. I didn't like the Body Worlds exhibit. Sean and I went to see it when it was in Salt Lake City, and we both came away feeling like it was disrepectful. Well. Some of it. The blood vessel parts were neat. Also, because of this, I think, I don't like the cadavers in Anatomy very much. And yes, I realize that it's for a good cause (science and learning and all of that) and that it is a wonderful teaching tool, but it kind of creeps me out a little. It might be better for me if I knew something about these people - what they did for a living, how many kids they had, etc. But I don't know. We'll see how this semester goes in Anatomy Lab.
25. I LOVE my desktop computer. It's pink (my favorite color)! I want to see how my laptop would fare vs. gravity out my bedroom window a lot of the time. But don't worry, I won't test that one out because it still comes in handy once in a while!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
The Facebook "25 Random Things About Me" thing.
Posted by A at 1:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment