I've had a pretty awesome semester, as far as EMS calls go. Here's what some of the chief complaints have been, just this semester:
-Fractured skull/temporal lobe brain bleed/trauma-induced seizure
-Chest pain
-Menstrual cramps
-Sprained ankle
-Seizures.
-Lacerations.
-Neck injuries.
-Faintings.
-Car accidents.
-Shortness of breath.
-Knee Pain.
-Panic attacks.
I've had thirteen calls (I think) this semester, from running 17 shifts, which is a pretty impressive average. (Watch, now I'm jinxing myself by saying that.) Some people might scoff and say, "That's a little less than one per shift!" Well, at BYU EMS, we don't get many calls, so we feel pretty lucky to get one call each shift! We've run about 170 shifts so far this semester, and there have been about 65 calls. I think I've been pretty lucky, so far. Last year, though, I got to go on a lot of calls at the beginning of the semester, and then I just stopped getting any. Let's just hope this semester isn't like last semester!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
EMS Update
Posted by A at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Come on BYU people... keep getting hurt!
Post a Comment