Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A New Stage of Life: The Beginnings of Summer

It's been a while since I've written on this thing. I got home on the 26th from school, and have been very busy ever since. I have barely been on my computer at all since I got home. The rest of my finals went okay, I guess. I think my Bio-Organic Chem final was THE hardest test I have ever taken in my life. After I got home, I got a week off, and in that week, Mom and Dad drove us down Highway 1 to visit Hearst Castle. Awesome place. William Randolph Hearst was basically the richest guy EVER, and I would say that it is indeed accurate to call his house a castle. He even had the largest privately owned zoo for about ten years. Basically, his house was incredible. He spent more than $100,000 on just one tapestry. Wow.

I also went on a couple of bike rides with Sean last week. I rode up to Del Valle once and then the other ride was a ride following North Livermore to Highland, out to Danville/San Ramon, and then back on the Iron Horse Trail through Dublin and back to Pleasanton, where we stopped at Sean's because he had to get to work, so he drove me home.

Then, on Friday afternoon, Sean and I put our bikes on a bike rack on the back of his car and drove up to Roseville, where we stayed at his grandparent's house. Sean's friend, Joseph, came up too. We woke up ridiculously early on Saturday morning and went to the HP Center, and then we got on our bikes and rode a metric century (100K) for an American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure bike ride. We all finished it. Joseph and I got some pretty good sunburns, and Sean was lucky enough to get pretty tan just from that one ride. You know, I just don't see how that's fair. I get fried and he just gets tan. Oh, well...

Sunday was a pretty typical Sunday. Went to church and stayed after for Break the Fast. We had mini sandwiches, which were pretty yummy. I hung out with Sean and some of his friends on Sunday night, and then got home fairly early (you know, for me), because I had to start work on Monday.

Here I am, working at LLNL again for the summer. The project I'm supposed to be working on doesn't start until next week, so this week, I am helping with another project. What I'm doing is pretty dull, though, so I hope that starting next week I'll be less bored at work...at least for a little while.

I'm trying to think of what else is new in my life. Oh! My sister Laura is pregnant! It's a boy, and she is due in October. They're calling the baby Skellington for now.

Anything else new or interesting?

Hmm...

I don't think so. I'll try to write again sometime soon. Hopefully I won't have as big of a gap between posts as I did last time.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Thanks for updating, I got really sick of seeing 'my last day in BYU....ward' everytime I checked your blog!

Aly said...

Ok Amy, time for a new post!