Sunday, April 20, 2008

My last day in the BYU 242nd Ward

Today was my last Sunday in the 242nd Ward. Guess what that means! I'll be home next week! I am so flippin' excited. Today my ward met for the last time this semester (it only functions for the fall/winter semesters of each school year). My bishopric was released as well. Bishop Whitaker and his entire family (including his grandkids) were there, and they all sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." It was so sweet - even the little girl was couldn't have even been three years old knew the words and was singing. I was really lucky to have such a great bishopric. Bishop Whitaker, Brother Duckett, and Brother Lavendar were all fantastic. Our speakers in Sacrament Meeting were the bishopric and our Stake President, Larry Hall. Bishop Whitaker told us that he feels like he is our father. He said that he has worried about how late we stay out, if we're getting enough sleep, if we're eating our vegetables, etc. He is just the greatest man.

I have a new favorite talk by a General Authority. We listened to it in Sunday School today. It is "God is the Gardener," by Hugh B. Brown. He gave it at a BYU Graduation way back in 1968. It's a fabulous talk.

In Relief Society, after we finished, the presidency went and stood by the door, waiting to hug each of us on our way out. Church was just so awesome today. I wish Michelle had been able to be with me. Luckily, though, Melissa (my RA), was ready to walk to church right when I was. I went down to her door to see if she was ready to go (she was), and she told me that she was going to knock on my door on her way to see if I wanted to go with her since I am roommate-less now.

So here I am. I'm having a really hard time getting motivated enough to study for my last 3 finals. I'm kind of burnt out. Instead, I've played a really dumb (but really fun!) game online, which I finally succeeded in beating, so I'm not playing it anymore. Tonight we have Ward Prayer (our last one), and I'm not sure what, exactly, will be happening, but I know that we are going to be watching a slideshow of things that have happened in our ward this year. It should be fun!

0 comments: