I've finally given in. I started a blog. I'm kind of curious if it will help me remember to write things down (thanks, Laura). I used to be really good at keeping a journal (I wrote everyday for 2.5 years, I think), but then all of a sudden, I started slacking off, so it's been a LONG time since I've written now. Whoops. So I'm conforming and starting a blog like Laura, Aly, Michelle, and the millions of others who blog.
So. Here I am in the Bubble, going to BYU. I'm almost done with my second semester of college, which is kind of strange to think. I only have six more days of classes before our scheduled reading days and finals, and then I'll be going back home to California (where the weather is warm)! And speaking of the weather, WHAT IS UP WITH THE SNOW?!?! When I woke up this morning and went to class, it was hailing a little bit, then it stopped by the time I got to class. When I left class 50 minutes later (9:50am), IT WAS SNOWING! I'm used to California weather, where once spring hits, we might get the occasional rain storm or cloudy days. Here in Utah, my sisters say to expect random snow storms through May! It's spring! That's ridiculous. Of course, being a Californian, I wasn't prepared for the crazy weather today, so I didn't have a hood of any kind or an umbrella. Lucky for me, I had a two hour break between classes, so I had enough time to go back to my dorm, get a warmer jacket, grab my umbrella, squeeze in a nap, and visit with Leslie, Aly, and Cole for a few minutes before heading back to class.
I feel like I should say more about myself, but I didn't know how to start. So, I dug up an old email from a friend (you know, one of those "tell me all about yourself and fill in the blanks" type). Voila!
1. What is your occupation? I'm nearly certified as an EMT (I just have to take the Utah state test), and I work at the Lab during the summer (I'm pretty much an expert at searching for things on Google...) I'm planning on volunteering with BYU EMS next Fall.
2. What color are your socks right now? White
3. What are you listening to right now? Nothing right now, but on my way back from class, I was listening to Jericho Road and the Fray
4. Can you drive a stick-shift? Yup.
5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Pink. Duh.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Laura. Before her, Aly. Before her, Leslie. Before her, Sean.
7. How old are you today? 18 years, 8 months, 17 days. I think.
8. Favorite drink? Smartwater or Lemonade with some Sprite in it.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch? College football. Or any BYU Cougars team in action!
10. Pets? My kitty, Haley, is at home. She's fluffy! (Some people might try and tell me that Naji is my dog, but she's not! She's Leslie's! I do not claim a dog that eats her own poop to be mine.)
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Uh, I highlighted my hair in 8th grade, thanks to leftovers from when Laura dyed her hair. Unfortunately, Mom did it and messed up (I had a big chunk of highlighted hair in the back), so I am afraid to ever do it again. Oh, but my hair has been dyed green from chlorine before from swimming all the time!
12. Favorite food? Noodles. Hands down. After that, though, would probably be pie.
13. What was the last movie you watched? I think it was The Bourne Supremacy. But it might have been Hitch.
14. Favorite day of the year? Whatever day the last day of school is. I'm usually burnt out by the end...
15. What do you do to vent anger? I call someone. Or go hide my face in a pillow and cry.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Probably my American Girl dolls or Barbies (no eye rolling, please). Leslie and I used to make the biggest messes with those when we were little. It would take hours to clean it all up.
17. What is your favorite--fall or spring? Spring! Flowers blooming, it's starting to warm up, etc. Except for Utah springs. The weather is too crazy for me.
18. Hugs or kisses? Well, today I was in need of a hug (chemistry is killing me), so I guess hugs!
19. Cherry or blueberry? This one used to be a no-brainer (cherries!), but recently, I've been introduced to blueberry muffins. Would you believe I've never had one before this semester? They're amazing!
20. Living arrangements? I live in the dorms with one roommate, Michelle! 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 closets, 1 window, 1 mini-fridge, and 1 sink in a tiny little room.
21. What is on the floor of your closet? My shower bag, my iron, some purses...I don't know!
22. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Can I say Leslie? If it has to be someone outside of my family, then probably Sarah Hahn.
23. What did you do last night? I worked on my Physiology homework and tried to fight off a migraine. (I gave up and just went to sleep.)
24. Favorite smells? Cucumber melon. Fresh copies from a Xerox machine. Roses. My shampoo. Sean's cologne (or whatever that yummy smelling stuff is...)
25. What inspires you? Watching other people overcome challenges, the Gospel, and my family.
26. What are you afraid of? SNAKES!!! My almost 9-year-old nephew finds it hilarious, so he is always trying to talk to me about snakes or showing me pictures.
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Plain. In-N-Out order: Hamburger with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, and tomato. Mmmm...I miss In-N-Out. That's going to be one of the first things I do when I get home - get some quality fast food!
28. Favorite car? I dunno...one that is a stick-shift. They're way more fun to drive than automatics!
29. Favorite dog breed? I think Leslie's dog is pretty. She's 1/2 Golden Retriever and 1/2 Yellow Lab.
30. Number of keys on your key ring? 3 - dorm key, mail key, and house key
31. How many years at your current job? I've spent one summer at the lab...not too long.
32. Favorite day of the week? Call me a Molly Mormon or whatever, but I really like Sundays!
33. How many states have you lived in? Two. California and Utah (but I'm not a Utard...)
34. Favorite holidays? I'm a big fan of every holiday. I'm not sure I could pick one!
35. Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? Uh...no, I don't think so. But I have my Van Card so I can drive the BYU EMS Astro-van next fall when I volunteer with them!
There you go. That's me, in a nutshell, I guess (according to the email I ripped that off of). I'm not sure, this blog might be a bad idea for me! If I spend as much time writing each of the entries as it has taken me to write this one, I'm not sure if I'll ever get anything done! I guess it is time for me to get busy and actually work on my homework.
Monday, April 7, 2008
I must be a conformist...
Posted by A at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment