Merrr...this is so frustrating. I work at the Lab, and as a summer student, they determine our salaries based off of how many college credits we have. Well, after this semester, I will have 48 credits (20 from AP credits + 14 fall semester + 14 winter semester). If I turn in my EMT certification papers to Dixie State College or somewhere (BYU doesn't give credits for its class), then have the credits transferred to BYU, I'll get 9 more credits from that, which puts me at 57 credits. Okay, keep in mind that to be considered a junior, you have to have 60 credits (junior status = substantial pay raise). So I was trying to think of where I could get a few more credits, and then I remembered that in my ROP Nursing class I took my senior year of high school, I got college credit at Chabot, at home. So I sent an email to my ROP teacher (which was a crazy-hard feat to begin with - she and I didn't get along so well), and she just told me to call the ROP office. AKA, she didn't have a clue. I also sent a message on Facebook to one of the girls who was in the class with me, asking her how many credits she got, if she remembered. Well, my friend finally responded, and she told me that I would get 2 credits for this class. I needed three!!! So now I can have a max of 59 credits. One stinkin', lousy credit short 60 credits. One stinkin', lousy credit short of getting a substantial pay raise. Needless to say, I am pretty irate right now. It's not fair! I was thinking of trying to take an Independent Study class to get my one "missing" credit, but they're expensive and would require at least one trip to Utah to take tests. Now I'm thinking of taking an ASL class or something at LasPo this summer. That would get me 3 credits, but it might just be too late and I can kiss those dreams of larger paychecks away. I'm so frustrated right now, it's not even funny. You hear that?! IT'S NOT FUNNY!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment