Wednesday, April 16, 2008

End of the Semester Parties

Well, I forgot to sign up for classes last night, so I did that this morning. Last night, though, I had so much fun. Michelle and I went to dinner (it was a special Luau theme too, so we had roasted pig and everything), and then we walked down to the Smith Fieldhouse to go to a party there (which was also a Hawaiian theme). They had one of the inflatable slides, an inflatable thing where you're supposed to knock your opponent off of their circle thing, an inflatable basketball hoop thing, tricycle races, a DJ (and therefore, a dance), and a bunch of food. They had grilled pineapple (which I was really excited to have because it's probably my most favorite food in the world), pineapple sherbet, some weird looking thing, random candy, and SUSHI! But not the normal kind of sushi that you would think of. They had rice krispy treats rolled around little pieces of gummy worms, and then the rice krispy treats were wrapped in fruit-by-the-foots. Mmmm...it was yummy.Anyways, after we hung out there for a little while, Michelle, Leslie, Megan, Sabra, Abby, Katie, and I all went over to the Wilk, where there was Spring Block Party going on that was hosted by BYUSA. Inside, they had tons of free food, games, an inflatable obstacle course, another inflatable knock-your-partner-off thing, a huge inflatable that was shaped like a twister board, and another DJ and dance. I wasn't so excited about the dance because usually I don't think dances are all that great, but actually, I had a really, really fun time last night. I think that may be one of the first dances I have actually been sad that it was over. Well, the DJ wasn't that great and didn't play a bunch of the songs that we wanted to dance to (instead he played Cotton-Eye Joe, the Electric Slide, and another Mormon-dance traditional song), so when we got back to the dorms, we decided that we would have to finish the dance. Michelle downloaded Sexyback from iTunes, and then she already had Low, so we had a dance party in our room, just Michelle, Megan, Sabra, (I'm having a brain-fart here - I can't remember who else was here), and myself. We had a blast!

I'll be home in ten days! Count them - using only your fingers (unless you're missing some fingers - then use your toes)! Yay! I'm excited. I just hope that my summer is as great as I am hoping it will be and that nothing bad that was unexpected happens.

Well, it's basically finals week, so I might not be blogging as much until I get home because I'm supposed to be studying. (key word: supposed to) I'll probably blog though when I need a break or just need to vent.

I take my EMT written test tomorrow! If I pass that, then I will be certified in Utah!

0 comments: