1) I hate my Chem 285 class. Intro to Bio-Organic Chemistry. It is so hard! We're learning all about metabolism this unit, and there is so much stuff to memorize. I honestly don't see what the point is for us to memorize all of this stuff. I'm most likely never going to use it again. And besides, no one in the class is actually concretely learning all of this stuff. For instance, I memorized the structures and chemical makeup of all of the amino acids. I don't think I can tell you what they are anymore because I had to sort of "purge" my memory to make room to memorize the subsets and mechanisms of Glycolysis and the Citric Acid Cycle. Now I'm going to forget all of that information to memorize all of the rest of the metabolism stuff. I would say that Dr. Wood is out to make our lives miserable, except he made us chocolate chip cookies today (so we could think about what happens in our bodies when we metabolize something). But still, this stuff is ridiculous. I'm glad that this is my last chemistry class that I EVER have to take (sorry, all of you chemistry-lovers).
2) I am sick and tired of the Cannon Center food. I didn't like any of the stuff on the menu they were serving today, so I got food from the "Hot Food Bar." I got leftover cheesy potatoes from yesterday's dinner, bow-tie noodles (which were fine), a roasted chicken thigh/drumstick, and a couple of other things (like, a salad). I was actually a little bit excited for the chicken, but when I turned it over to pick it up, the underside wasn't cooked all the way, and it looked disgusting! *Sigh* I can't wait until I am home for the summer so I can eat delicious home-cooked food made by my mom. She's the best cook - Sean agrees with me too!
3) I just wanted to say again how much this Utah weather is annoying me. Yes, I know I complained about this earlier, but it was snowing really hard when Michelle and I went to dinner. It looked like we were in a snow globe when we were outside! At least all of the snow that stuck this morning has melted and the snow that was coming down when I went to dinner didn't stick. I would not have been a happy camper if it had.
Monday, April 7, 2008
3 Things...
Posted by A at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment