I absolutely love being able to participate in BYU EMS. I'm having so much fun! I've had 3 "real" calls, 1 walk-in patient, and 1 call where we didn't actually get to do anything because dispatch messed up (they didn't think we were on duty for some reason...) and they sent Provo instead. For the calls that I've been on, there have been 1 busted hand, 2 faintings, and 1 laceration. The one call that we SHOULD have gotten to go on, but didn't get dispatched to in time was severe abdominal pain, and that person was actually taken to the hospital via ambulance, so Provo would had to have come anyways, I guess. I've learned so much just by observing the EMTs who have been doing this for a while. I definitely have some favorite ones to work with already. Several people have asked me what kinds of calls we get, so I guess I could just post them on here.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Life is Grand!
~faintings
~sprains/strains/broken bones/other things like that
~lacerations
~diabetic emergencies
~seizures
Anyways, I'm just so excited about my "job" (it's a volunteer agency, but I get 3.0 credits a semester for doing it) - and I'm learning that life is incredible when you like doing what you're doing. I'm so much happier now than I was this summer, simply because I love my job, whereas I didn't exactly feel that way about my job this summer. You know, it was actually kind of strange/neat, but the other day, one of my roommates said, "I am so jealous of you right now. Your life is just incredible. You love your job. You come home with awesome stories from it. You're excited about life. You have a boy who loves you to pieces and whom you love too. Things are just so great for you right now."
No one has EVER told me anything like that before, and it made me think a little bit. Life IS great. I'm enjoying my classes, I love my work, I love what direction my life is headed right now, I love my family, I love my apartment, I love my friends, and I love my boyfriend. What could be better?
Well, what could make it better would be if Sean weren't 800 miles away, but even that won't be an issue in a couple of days because HE'S COMING HERE!!! I am so thrilled and cannot wait. Unfortunately, I have to share him with some other people while he's out here, but I'll just have to deal with that.
Something that I think is awesome is seeing the difference between me now and me a year ago. Things have changed so much! One thing, and most importantly, is how happy I am. I can't exactly remember the last time that I felt this happy and excited about life!
Posted by A at 11:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you're so happy...
You forgot that you got to go on an 'unofficial' call to check out a head wound ;)
Amy! How are you! I know you cna post pictures on blogs, but we're actually not suppose to over here because we have such limited bandwith, but I would love to show you pictures next semseter! How are you? I hope your having a great semester!
Post a Comment